Seacoast Repertory Theatre is seeking a detail-oriented and cooperative production manager to join our growing team.
Seacoast Rep produces 300 performances per year, and produces all shows from script to stage. The production manager’s job is to work with the artistic directors and executive director to ensure that those performances are of a high quality and reach the stage efficiently, safely, and on-budget. The production manager oversees and communicates with, the technical staff involved in each production. This includes scheduling work and rehearsals across our spaces and managing and tracking purchases. Candidates should have experience with all aspects of theatrical production, preferably at a professional level. Multiple shows are in different stages of production at any given moment, so candidates should be comfortable multitasking and managing multiple project.
- Have excellent communication skills, both spoken and in writing.
- Have management experience (preferably with both artists and technical types)
- Be organized and have experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Be proficient with computer use (Excel, tasking software, email management) and theatre technology (lighting, sound, basic hand tools)
- Have experience with purchasing and budgeting
- Be able to work cooperatively and productively with superiors and subordinates.
- Work at a fast pace and solve problems creatively.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Have a college degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Have a calm demeanor and maintain professional relationships well.
- Have knowledge of theatre safety.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Free acute medical care, 2-3 weeks of paid vacation, all the theatre you can see.
Candidates seeking to apply should provide a resume, cover letter, and set of professional references. Candidates will submit to a background check and driving records check before starting work. Please send to email@example.com
Seacoast Rep is an equal-opportunity employer.