JOIN THE SEACOAST REP TEAM!
Seacoast Repertory Theatre is always accepting submissions for all positions. We keep detailed records of all submissions and when we have an opening, they are the first place we turn to make a new hire.
We are currently actively seeking: Head Usher/Volunteer Coordinator, Music Directors, Costumer Designers, and Actors. See below for more information on these positions.
Actors: Open Submissions
Seacoast Repertory Theatre is always accepting submissions for Performers of all kinds! We keep detailed records of all submissions, and they are the first place we turn to when casting each production.
Please include your headshot, resume, and any relevant reels (video files or links) with your submission.
Head Usher/ Volunteer Coordinator
The Head Usher/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of the reception and seating areas of the theatre during events to ensure friendly, welcoming, professional, efficient and accessible service to all patrons. The Head Usher/Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the arranging and management of volunteers, their training, their point reward management systems, and their appreciation. The Head Usher together with volunteers is responsible for taking tickets, handing out programs, seating the patrons, selling merch, keeping the theatre, lobby & lobby bathrooms clean before the patrons arrive and after the patrons have left among other duties that may occur with special events or circumstances. This position requires a professional public image through cleanliness, general atmosphere and a well-organized and executed patron experience. This position reports to the Artistic Directors and works closely with Box Office Staff, Bar Staff and Production Teams. This position is expected to adhere to a front of house dress code. This is a part time position with an expected average of 25-30 hrs/week with the exception of the 6 sporadic weeks thru the year where the theatre is dark.
- Recruit, train, schedule and supervise FOH volunteers (ushers, greeters, ticket takers, concessions, merch tables, etc)
- Ensure coverage/management of ushering duties at all events at the theatre.
- Provide an excellent patron experience.
- Along with theatre leadership, facilitate evacuation plans in the event of emergencies, fire alarms, etc.
- Handle problematic, drunk or unruly patrons in a professional and safe way
- Collaborate with the Box Office staff to navigate and resolve ticketing or seating issues with patrons.
- Collaborate with Stage Management, Box Office Staff & Bar Staff to ensure the proper start time of a production or event. Provide disabled patrons the accommodations they require for a satisfying and a safe experience.
- Communicate with leadership and theatre management of any FOH issues.
- Manage the point reward system for volunteers.
KEY JOB DUTIES OF THE HEAD USHER/VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Leader
- Detail Oriented
- Quick and effective decision making
- Level-headed and calm under pressure
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Competent use of required IT tools
REQUIRED SKILL SET
Seacoast Repertory Theatre in Portsmouth, New Hampshire is accepting submissions for Music Directors its upcoming season.
To submit, please send letter of interest, resume, and any video examples you may have of your previous work, such as your piano accompaniment, final products, or videos of you teaching in a rehearsal room. Submissions can be sent to: email@example.com
Seacoast Repertory Theatre is seeking Costume Designers. To apply, send portfolio, resume, letter of interest, and any other relevant materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org