Seacoast Repertory Theatre’s 2023 season is in full bloom! It’s an exhilarating time to be a part of this organization as it fires on all cylinders to produce some of the most captivating performances in the nation. But it isn’t just the quality of the art on the stage that is an indicator of Seacoast Rep’s current vitality. Since the spring of 2022, we have consistently beaten pre-pandemic box office records, despite the continued struggles of the industry at large coming out of the pandemic. We recently signed a ten-year lease on a new 5,000sq/ft rehearsal and education facility, “The Rep Studios,” which will also serve as a black box second stage. And as our reputation on the national theatre scene has grown, so have the deep roots in our community - a community we have enriched through a diverse array of programs.
Here are just a few of the ways we serve our beloved community:
Our Mainstage Season of year-round theatrical entertainment.
- Over $100k given to local nonprofits and community organizations in tickets, resources and services.
- Over $50k awarded in scholarships to families in need of financial assistance Enhanced accessibility: Removal of barriers of entry for all patrons of staff, ensuring access and comfort for all.
- Professional training and education for all ages through The Rep Academy.
- Senior Repertory Theatre for our cherished seniors, sharing wisdom & stories through performance arts.
- The Red Light Series, our adult alternative programming, where we take artistic risks.
- Our Sol Series, exploring the full diversity of human experience.
- Cultivating new works through readings, workshops, and fully produced world premieres.
While our auxiliary and educational programs have been growing at a rapid pace, we don’t rely on ticket sales alone to provide them with the vital resources necessary for them to prosper. A nonprofit organization like ours needs the full holistic support of the community in which it is rooted. This is where you can help our garden flourish!
Our auxiliary programs are the heart of Seacoast Repertory Theatre. And so for our Spring Fund Drive, we are focusing on our wide range of programming to allow every corner of our organization to receive the support it needs. That’s why we want YOU to tell us where your donation should go! Use your springtime contribution to fertilize the garden that speaks to you the most. When you donate, you will be able to choose which of our programs you would like to support. Put your support where your heart is!
Just as a garden needs water to thrive, we need your cooperation to grow and blossom. Our programs run on community support, and in turn, they strengthen the very community they rely on. Help cultivate the entire region by nurturing the programs that resonate with you the most, and Enrich The Rep today!
Ben Hart & Brandon James, Executive Artistic Directors
Alyssa Dumas, Associate Artistic Director